Cost no Object but Small Room

What speakers would you recommend without consideration of value (well forget the US$100 thou plus monsters!) for smallish room?

I am moving places and it looks my dedicated 2 channel system will have to go the study. Room size is only 11 ft x 17ft, barely. However all there is the room is basically the system and a desk/chair.

I listen to all kinds of music but mostly jazz (including fusion), rock, pop, blues.
henryhk
hi henryhk,

my Mini II just got passed the 200hours mark.

Given we are both in HK, I understand the room size issues very well. I am also moving, but won't be moving for another 8 months. My future room should be bigger and will be dedicated. Initially I thought the Mini I may not be able to fill the room. But I am *sure* the Mini II can. The Mini II are significantly better. See the link:

http://forums.avguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=7055#7055

feel free to email me.
Kharma Exquisite Mini offer comforting lush above all else. You can't go loud with Kharma Mini as it won't slam but EXQUISITELY sweet.

Magico Mini is very accurate and musical, music is presented as is no sugar coated yet very exciting and wonderful prat. True MAGIC.
Hi Henry,

I am biased as I manufacture speakers and electronics but I can still offer you good advice!
Here are a few general points.
(1)
Near field listening in smaller rooms requires a very coherent sound reproduction. Usually two way will be better than three way, less drivers rather than more.
(2)
A full "ranger" used with one or two subs with an active crossover relieves the full range driver of all the X-max consumming hard work. Forget any speaker system where you add on a subwoofer and leave the "main speaker" still working hard in the bass.
(3)
Room correction has a more noticable benefit in smaller rooms and can integrate subs very effectivly.
(4) If you can pull the speakers out from the wall by about 3 feet Open Baffle has a big advantage over box designs in small rooms as OB only generate 50% as much "un-wanted " energy as box designs. You still get all the direct radiated sound and slam and dynamics, but the neighbours dont hear it!
(5) Some amazing results can be obtained with DIY designs if you have access to skilled craftsmen to do the assembly and finishing work. This is more a custom design project but if you plan to stay in the house a while you can justify some serious brickwork!
(6)Is it only your decision or are other family members having a say?
(7) What type of music and what volumes do you generally like?
(8)What is the construction of the room.
(9)Mains power ; I can recomend a dedicated distribution box (6 or 8 way) with seperate magnetic circuit breakers for each line. This allows you to run a heavy duty (ideally made up of multiple 1mm guage each in seperate teflon dielectric) solid core silver power cord from the power meter box as it enters your home directly to your listening room. The box should have heavy duty brass buss bar clamps that bolt down onto the ends of your equipment power cords and this eliminates the whole mains plug / wall socket interface. Try this before investing in big buck power conditioners.

Good luck and check out overkillaudio.com for a few more ideas!

All the best

Derek Wilson
Overkill Audio.

I have a small room too and recently contacted John DeVore at DeVore Fidelity about his line of speakers, particularly the Silverbacks. He claims that they would work well in rooms about the size of yours. Don't know if you have any dealers in HK, but lots of folks rave about these speakers and I hope to check them out in the not too distant future.