ConradJohnson--Can their vintage compete with new?

I am considering going back to separates. I owned a Conrad Johnson PV-8 tube pre-amp (1988) and liked it alot. However, I like some opinions on what might be CJ's best vintage amp and pre-amp of the last 10 years only. Would even consider reasonable, reliable, modifications if worthwhile and audible. (Unfortunately, CJ's new separates are very too expensive). I have a Creek SE5350 Classic, but can't find another integrated that fits my needs and power requirements and price range. All opinions and comments welcomed. Thank you
sunnyjim
Sunnyjim, I emailed you the cost and explanation of the mods I had RHB perform on the preamp.
Could anyone comment on the performance of CJ's SS gears the "Motif" line please.Thanks.
Although the PV11 was less noisy than the PV9, for me the PV9 was much better sounding than the PV11. I had both with a MV125 driving Quad ESL63 and it was a great combination!
To Dwr
Hi
I am considering to go the same route as you did it seems (I have PV12 with phone stage). Would you be so kind to email me a few details about what exactly modifications were done, any points on your side would be great. Thank you, Anatoliy