Compare Large Advent?

I was wondering how the timeless Large Advent compare to some of the modern speakers?
I looked to find the sensitivity for these speakers but could not find the spec,anyone know what it is?
groundhog
I too had a pair of large Advent, loved them until I auditioned some
Klipsch Cornwalls. Then there was no real reason to keep the Advents sold them to a buddy,
I bought my pair from the Sally Ann store over ten years now for 10 bucks. Nice solid wood.
I had the woofers redone. I remember the service guy told me that dont under estimate these .
So since that time I bought some Alphas I had an old pair of cheaper Regas.
 I bought a pair of Mordant Shorts 908is
And yestarday i bought a pair of Paradigms 20v2s.
 And still the Advents just have more clarity and sound stage.
I run it all with a yamaha rs 700 stereo reciever.
 So my conclusion is were never satified with sound. For us its like chasing the carrot.
Next up the trangle elara ( they always sound good in the store.)
I bought 4 Large Advents (Fried Egg Tweeters) 3 years ago from a local guy that specializes in vintage speaker restoration. 
He added front to back And side to side cabinet bracing.
rebuilt x overs with quality parts, 16 g internal wiring.. 
also damped woofer frames with led tape and the magnet with some kind of puddy. This does amazing things for the midrange. 
I have to say of the 40 or so speakers I have owned these are great sounding and they work great near the back wall. I had Magnepan 1.6 and listened to the Advents 90% of the time. The only negative is if you want something Aesthetically more appealing that sound as good, you will have to spend a good deal of money. 
Im considering going to OHM Walsh 4000 or Klipsch Cornwall’s as the also work well near back wall and offer a major cosmetic upgrade but we are looking at 4400.00 or more a pair. I currently have all 4 on EBay located in Florham Park NJ. I’m now reconsidering my decision to part with these.
Well, we have all been lucky to be into the Audio hobby in the first place.  Just think, the majority of people out there are listening to music with the sonic quality of a boom box.  

An old Advent receiver, a pair of large advents and a good cd source will sound better than what the very vast majority of people are using to listen to music.....

Hi All,

I have the old Large Advents hooked up again, this time with a Coda CSI amp, and this setup sounds better than with the W4S ST1000.

The Advents sound good. Mellow with no harsh treble. Soundstage is there and there is texture to the sound. Certainly they are not my Thiel CS5's but it is pretty easy to quit listening to the speakers and just enjoy the music.

Thanks for listening,

Dsper