Coincident Eclipse vs Devore

Can anyone give comparisons of the Coincident Eclipse Line of speakers vs Devore super 8's or 9's.
I have Coincident PE II's, no Devore dealers in sight and I am curious.
Thanks
Mike
128x128brm1
Mike, that was just my opinion. With a pair of 16 wpc 211 based monoblocks and push-pull integrateds using EL34 (35 wpc Class A/B), KT88 (30 wpc pure Class A), and 2A3 (12 wpc pure Class A) output tubes, we could never get them to come alive for me in the way some of the other amplifiers in the shop did.

For what it's worth, the salesperson felt the same as I did about those combinations, but also that the best combination he had with the DeVores were a pair of DeHavilland 845 monoblocks. So, there is likely some validity to that theory. Unfortunately, I never got to hear them together.

The ultimate arbiter is how YOU find the combination.
I heard the Devore nines with Shindo Monbrison pre and Montrachet Amp and the sound was very transparent and true, virtualy no color in the sound but the bass was just a tad on the light side for my taste and so netrual as to be a bit uninvolving. (at least for me)

15 mins later went to another hi fi store and heard the Pathos Twin Towers with the Devore Nines and WOW! what a beautiful sound! Very transparent and a real kick in the bass. The Pathos TT is probably not as transparent an amplifier as the Shindo gear, but for my tastes the Pathos won out. Also the Pathos is around $7000 less than the shindo combo. Bear in mind that I listen to mostly classical and Jazz.
Hi Jetrexpro,

That is honestly just the opposite of the sound of the Montrachet and Monbrison. The Montrachet is the most full bodied and rich of all the Shindo amps and all of them are very colorful. Must have been something in the set up. Sorry you had an off demo and got the wrong impression. Hopefully you can get another chance to hear them set up properly.

Best regards,
Jonathan
Jetrexpro, Just curious. I am also considering Nines BTW, but what was the source or sources. There is a big difference between a VDH Colibri, and a Koetsu. If it was CD, between Audio Aero and Esoteric. Jonathan commented "The Montrachet is the most full bodied and rich of all the Shhindo amps." Jonathan, would this also be true of the Corton that also uses El-34's, or is the Montrachet simply the most full bodied IYO. Thanks in advance.
Post removed