Cocktail Audio X45

Does anyone know how to add files to the X45 unit via USB?

I have many digital files on my PC that I wanted to move over to the X45 via USB, however, there is no way to do that with the functionality within the unit. There is no “import to DB”.

There is a “scan music DB” that does load to the HDD, however, it requires you to leave the USB attached to the unit.

Manual indicates a Web interface, however, there is none, and there is a note in the additional documentation that says that functionality is not available and they are working on it. Meanwhile it appears they are not in business anymore. 

I have sent emails to the company but they bounce back.

Thanks, John

jworsley

I don’t have cocktail, but it should have a name and address assigned to it. You should be able to see your unit over your network. Login to, it and you should be able to drop and drag your files to the cocktail.

Thanks for the reply. While it is visible and I can see Album, Artist, Title etc, it will not allow me to drop any files. 

John

Took a quick look at the owner's manual for the X45 and on page 107 there are instructions on how to copy or move files to/from the hard drive.  That seems to address your question, but then I don't have a X45 so have no personal experience to pass on.

The manual says to use the "scan music db" function which replaced the "import db"  function in older units. However, it requires you to leave the USB attached to the unit as it places an index in the music db and the actual file remains in the usb. This functionality does not make sense. I somehow feel that i may be missing a step that is not clearly indicated in the manual. Too bad there is no tech support.