Cleanest CD recording to test with

... hello to all...

I'm sure this has been a topic of discussion from all different perspectives, regarding well-recorded music that although it is sudio produced (as opposed to a recorded live event) is so clean and "real soundin" - you close your eyes and the artist/musicians are REALLY THERE IN FRONT OF YOU!

For me the following exhibit what I'm talking about: the 1st disc of the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS 'STADIUM ARCADIUM', NORA JONES ' COME AWAY WITH ME', JONI MITCHELL 'BLUE', MILES DAVIS 'KIND OF BLUE' and DAVE BRUBECK 'TAKE FOUR'...for Older recording the brand/issuer seems to make a major difference.

Your suggestions/recomendations would be greatly appreciated - please help me expand my repertoire of what I term EXPERT STUDIO RECORDINGS.   
justvintagestuff
and naturally:

Chuck Mangione - Childrens of Sanchez ...probably high om DR List :-)

Lou Reed - Berlin: Live at St. Ann's ...Men of good fortune (Live but needs to be mentioned)
Dear justvintagestuff,
Some of the 'cleanest' recordings I have heard are these:

1. Bach's Goldberg Variations played by Ito Ema on MA Recordings (https://www.discogs.com/Johann-Sebastian-Bach-Ito-Ema-Goldberg-Variations/release/10315736)

2. 6 Suites a Violoncello Solo Senza Basso played by Martin Zeller, also on MA Recordings

3. Evangelion 1.0: You are (Not) Alone OST (https://www.discogs.com/Shiro-Sagisu-Evangelion10-You-Are-Not-Alone-Original-Sound-Track/release/834...), except tracks 1, 31 and 36-38. Before any classical music fans clobber me with their spare Mahler and Rachmaninov records, of course I will say that this soundtrack is by no means one of the very 'cleanest' classical recordings in history, but to me the instruments are conveyed very convincingly. For that matter, Utada Hikaru's voice on track 31 is similarly charming, the 'pop' quality of the recording and production notwithstanding.
If you're into Classical music. Look out for the record company BIS (e.g. Gothenburg Symphonic Orchestra). The often have a warning for huge Dynamics that might hurt your system on their records.
For testing purposes, I prefer live recordings. Since you mention "Jazz at the Pawnshop", I will add "Trio Music-Live in Europe" on ECM with Chick Corea. Also Patricia Barber "Companion", Allison Krauss "Union Station Live" and Diana Krall "Live in Paris".For small venue recordings the Opus 3 are excellent, even on CD.