Classical Music for Aficionados

I would like to start a thread, similar to Orpheus’ jazz site, for lovers of classical music.
I will list some of my favorite recordings, CDs as well as LP’s. While good sound is not a prime requisite, it will be a consideration.
  Classical music lovers please feel free to add to my lists.
Discussion of musical and recording issues will be welcome.

I’ll start with a list of CDs.  Records to follow in a later post.

Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique.  Chesky  — Royal Phil. Orch.  Freccia, conductor.
Mahler:  Des Knaben Wunderhorn.  Vanguard Classics — Vienna Festival Orch. Prohaska, conductor.
Prokofiev:  Scythian Suite et. al.  DG  — Chicago Symphony  Abbado, conductor.
Brahms: Symphony #1.  Chesky — London Symph. Orch.  Horenstein, conductor.
Stravinsky: L’Histoire du Soldat. HDTT — Ars Nova.  Mandell, conductor.
Rachmaninoff: Symphonic Dances. Analogue Productions. — Dallas Symph Orch. Johanos, cond.
Respighi: Roman Festivals et. al. Chesky — Royal Phil. Orch. Freccia, conductor.

All of the above happen to be great sounding recordings, but, as I said, sonics is not a prerequisite.

128x128rvpiano
@skim1124     I hope you realise that this being a thread on all things recorded classical music that none of the contributers here can agree on which CD's to buy in the first place. As an example say you wanted to get a Sibelius Symphony Cycle and you were only limited to one, do you go for a historical one with lesser quality of sound or one of the myriad ones with first class sound but maybe not the visceral excitement of the historical ones. I wish you well in your quest.
Just buy BIS recording of anything and ESPECIALLY any thing from Nordic Lands !
I do believe that I have never run across any serious listener that did not start
with symphonic and eventually wandered into chamber music , save one, myself .

I think my taste is the better for it , but then I've never been anyone else,  so I can't run an experiment .
@jim204 My question isn't about which single version of a piece to get (quality).  I just want to know the quantity of CDs a complete collection would require.  It's not an actual quest since I'd never have the time or the money to be able to actually buy/download such a collection, but I'm simply curious about the number.  Hypothetically, someone would have the funds/time/storage space to have a complete collection and be able to play a recording of any piece of classical music ever composed (if it'd been recorded).
@skim1124    I'm sorry if I misunderstood you but I shall give you one to get on with , Liszt Complete Piano Music  101 discs by Lesley Howard. Although I have this collection I only dip into it if I read about someone playing something obscure of Liszt's. Again apologies.
I did the exact number last night , As of Jan.1 2019 it is two million , seven hundred thousand and seventeen .