CLASSE - Great amps or highly flawed?

Some love them. Others criticize:

Highly colored.

Midrange nice, but euphonic & not accurate.

Highs rolled off, and given an electronic sheen.

Overall dark sound.

Imaging only so-so.

Lack transparency.

Textured sounding.

Bass somewhat lacking definition & loose.

What's your opinion??
kevziek
So are classe smaller amps like the 125W 2 channels amps worth it ?

cause they aren't cheap either..but if they beat every other SS in their price range then they must be good nah?
Here are some suggestion:
DR-3/3b or DR-3bVHC Pure class A
DR-9
If you still find it still expensive.Try DR-10
All the above models are old gears.But It's worthwhile to try.
Good luck.
Henry
Sound depends on the designer. The earlier Classe amps DR 8,9 and were designed by Dave Reich and were extremely musical amps but slightly dark sounding. The later 1990's Classe 10,15 and 25 were almost opaque sounding by comparison and even non-audiophile friends of mine said so in direct a-b comparison. The later 1997 version CA series ahd a diffirent sonic signature. Certainly not dark but appeared to emphasise the highs and seemned to have an electronic sheen( concur with martin collins on this). I have not heard the latest classe series but they are designed by a swiss designer who was responsible for the OMEGA series.
If Kevziek have listened to all Classe products and indeed found them to be what he listed out to be, he shouldn't be asking others now. On the other hand, if those were only hearsay comments that he has picked up, he should go audition some classe products to satisfy his curiosity. Alway trust your own ear, respect your own taste, following others criticisms doesn't get you anywhere. Every product, no matter how good or how poor it sounds to some, is also praised by someone else. What does that tell you ? Classe has been a company around for a long time. If their stuff are so bad, do you think they could have fooled so many people for so long ?
Since posting this thread, I have listened to the Classe 201. And it does have significant sonic shortcomings.

(1) The bass is not tight or defined or powerful.

(2) There is an overall lack of air or extension in the high end.

(3) There is an opaqueness to the sound. Individual images seem congealed together, they are as of one fabric, not truly separate.

Yes, the midrange initially sounds nice, but further listening reveals the above flaws, and to me, they are intolerable.