Classe CDP-1.5, 1 or .5 experience??

Hi, I would appreciate hearing feedback from people that own or have owned any of the above one-box Classe cd players. Please ownership experience only...not just people defending what they own.
whatjd
Thanks for the input, I have heard very good things about the CDP-1 and CDP-.5, but had heard nothing about the CDP-1.5
I have had little experience with Classe CD Players but had a nightmare experience with their 80 Watt Integrated Amplifier (since discontinued). I am an installer that acquired a few of these at the insistance of a customer. One unit failed and took out a driver on a very expensive monitor. Upon returning the amp to Classe for service, I had to deal with customer service problems that bordered on overt hostility. I do not sell Classe products, and although I have friends and clients that swear by the company, my experience was was almost unbelievable.
IF you can find the old CD-1 get it, it was $3500 retail and sounds much better then the new 1.5 which is only $2500. They have cut back on the parts for the transport in the 1.5 because the market for $3500 one box players is less now thanks to SACD
Hello, I just bought the Classe CDP1.5 by mail order in Canada for $1900US including shipping. My is 5 months old and without any problem like previous posts. This is the frist CD player, so I can't compare with the other brands. The CDP 1.5 sounds wonderful with Classe amp, pre-amp, and my Jm lab speakes. Good listening
I owned the CDP .5 cd player and have some cd player experience to semi back up what I will say. I will tell you my experience strictly from a quality of sound perspective. I wanted the .5 to be great. Its specs, looks, company reputation were and are impeccable. It was not. After owning it for 2 months a buddy of mine brought over his Marantz CD63SE and left it for a while. The two players sounded IDENTICAL. I confirmed this later on via several other unbiased people and some switching and even long term. I sold the player and got something better for even less $$$. I now own the Meridian 506.20 and completely love it. It is way more refined than the CD63SE. At the bottom I will include a list of CD Players I personally have owned. After several calls to Classe I got the answer that this player (and the CDP1) only carried their name and was not designed or built by them. Classe may be a fine company but their digital is a complete joke. 1.) Classe CDP .5 2.) Rotel RCD 990 3.) Krell KAV 300CD 4.) Meridian 506.20 Keep looking there is much better out there. Also from my experience the Rotel was WAY nicer than the .5 so the 991 may be something to check out. Good Luck.