Class A amplifier choice, need suggestions

What is your favorite class A amp and why? There are many here on Audiogon... Levinson, Krell, Pass Labs, Plinius and an occaisional Accuphase A50V. I am driving Proac Response 3.8s (88dB efficiency). I recently auditioned a Pass Aleph 5 and was stunned by the presentation at only 60wpc.

Your input is much appreciated!
blueswan
Pass' Peter Perkins informed me last spring that he underwstands that the X600 operates in class A up to 100 watts continuous and 200 watts peak. This seems to corroborate the 150 watt (effective average?) Muralman1 cites. An interesting side note was that he described the X1000 as generating 90 watts continuous and 180 watts peak in class A. Obviously, the X1000 goes higher than the X600 in class AB. I conjecture that the X1000 may generate more heat per class A watt and that the heat dissipation capabilities of the chassis and heat sinks (same for both amps) are a limiting factor in setting the class A bias.
AtmaSphere tube amps, without a doubt work well with my 3.5,s though I'd love to hear from anyone that has compared the proac 3.5,s with the newer 3.8,s
Mike
anyone have any idea what a pair of threshold sa/1
mono blocks are worth??

I have a pair, they sound awsome but I have no room for them..

d
Jademo is right,Just read his review on 102,For me its
one of the best sounding amp I have heard. pass aleph
are also goods amps, But side by side comparison, My
friend and I we both decided Plinius sa 100, is more
musical,with the 102 IMO very few amp can touch it,
for the price and overall performance.Its that good.
my 2 cents.