Chord Dave or Ayre QX5 Twenty DAC???

Down to two choices in DAC's, the Chord Dave or the Ayre QX-5 Twenty. Comes down to best sound or versatility and cost. Speakers are Wilson Audio Sasha's and amp is T+A 2500R. Love the versatility of the Ayre but the sound of the Chord Dave is phenomenal, not sure if the Ayre could compare. Not sure if the Chord would still sound as good without spending mass amounts on a power regenerator and power cable. 
musicfx
Hi Musicfx, Wow, Nice speakers those Alexias. I have heard them about a year ago with Accuphase separates. One of the best sound I have ever heard, very balanced and precise sound from top to bottom, at that time my friend used valhalla 2 speaker cables with the Alexias. The reason I went with Sopras No 3 is because I like them how beautiful they sounded with Hegel and the nice discount I got from the Dealer.
Thank You
Hi Musicfx, this was a response from T+A support I would like to share, in certain way match your findings:

"with both devices you have a very good performance. The sound quality of both devices is nearly the same! If you don’t need a streaming client unit for internet radio or/and playing audio files from a USB HDD or NAS server and if a very heavy and high quality CD-tray mechanism is important for you, then I want to recommend PDP3000HV. If the streaming client function is more important for you than a very heavy tray mechanism, then I want to recommend MP3100HV. Of course MP3100HV supports a high quality tray mechanism too, but a bit more light construction than PDP3000HV.

I hope, these informations are helpful. If you have some more questions, don’t hesitate to contact me again."

Musicfx, finally pulled the trigger on the MP3100HV. Do you connect it to your router via wifi or Ethernet? Have you compare SQ on both connections? Thanks in advance.
Congratulations! I connect it through Ethernet. For me this sounds much better. Tidal sounds better through the MP3100HV than using Amarra with my MacBook with an AQ Diamond USB. It also sounded better through the MP3100HV than the Aurender A10, even when using MQA with the Aurender. I sold the Aurender. CD’s sound really really good with the MP3100HV. Have all High Fidelity cables and an HFC MC-6 hemisphere and my system sounds the best ever. Enjoy the MP31000HV. 
@czubero, For the very BEST Tidal Steaming sound quality, you have to connect your MP3100HV to your router using a wired ETHERNET Connection.   In addition, several people on Audiogon have reported signal problems when streaming Tidal.  

In my case, my Linksys router could NOT handle the streaming speed and was dropping packets (not good).  In addition, I also discovered I had an out of range cable signal from my ISP and several other ISP related hardware issues that they immediately fixed.  My point is your Internet connection might require some fine tuning in order to get a strong Tidal signal.   

My new Luxul router is working fine and Tidal has no signal related issues.  Tidal Steaming offers excellent sound quality and a very good selection of albums.