Cheap tweaks...What would YOU reccomend?

Hey everyone, I am looking for some cheap tweaks, i just got done putting in a inner tube under my componets as an isolation device, and it works great. What else would you reccomend?..i am also thinking of an inner tube under the spkrs, with some sort of device to keep them stable. What do you think of Rf blockers..etc Please leave comments on your tweaks and how they turned out. i am looking forward to trying some. Thanks all
haoleb
Yeah, No kidding!.. I always have my serious listening sessions at night. Its just alot better, less distractions, Not as hot as during the day. ( because i need to close my windows so the neighbors dont complain ).. even if they arent real close. They dont exactly put up with ANYTHING.sheesh..lol And on another subject, has anyone though of sonic differences while listing at different elevations?? Everyone here knows how sound is created i hope, well what do you think it would be like at sea level compared to up high where the air is thinner? Been kina boggling my mind about this lol.
I like Soft Touch "Bumpers" by Waxman. These are feet that stick to the underside of your equipment and sound exceptionally good. A package of 12 Bumpers runs about $2 and can be purchased at Walmart.
If you have dedicated circuts for your system try flipping every other breakers in your house to the off postion. You should hear a big drop in the noise floor and the soundstage will open up. The only problem is you will need to reset every clock in the house when you are done and of course you will need candle light. This is as cheap as it gets.
Pat
This tweek is not cheap, but it won't cost you anything either, provided you qualify by owning an unused pair of loudspeakers. It comes from some audio manufacturer, I forget who he is, and was published in Stereophile.

The tip is to placed an unused pair of loudspeakers in the corner of your listening room, behind the loudspeakers. I tried this with a pair of Linn Kan II mini monitors placed directly on the carpeting. It seemed to make a small improvement, though nothing major. After listening this way for a few months we had a minor plumbing related flood and I had to move my LP's to where I had my Linn speaker stands stored. In the process I moved the speakers stands into the rear of my listening room where the Linn's were located and place the Linn's on top of the stands.

This produced a nice improvement to image placement in the soundstage and also added weight to the presentation. Really very nice. If anyone is interested I could look up the article and elaborate on why this works. Let me know.
The Stereophile article I referred to above is found in the December 2000 issue on page 242. It is an article about port stuffing by Jonathan Scull. The originator of the tweak mentioned above is from Victor Tiscareno of AudioPrism.

Mr. Tiscareno states "...The acoustic effect of the woofers in the presure zones will cancel out some of the room-resonance bass-frequency nodes!"

I found this statement interesting because I once purchased a demo Michael Green Designs PZC (Pressure Zone Controller) and recall thinking this tweak sounded similar to the effect of the PZC. The demo PZC had been damaged in shipping and I had been meaning to replace it. Looks like a I can skip that plan.

Mr. Tiscareno also noted this tweak will work for some and not for others. If you have an extra pair of speakers lying around I recommend you give this a try.