charging tax in Classified Ads??

I have seen quite a few ads recently from no feedback users selling all sorts of gear, many of it tubes, asking for XX% of tax if you reside in certain states...nowhere in their ad does it state they are a business/dealer/reseller. what do you do?, ask for a tax ID#?..ive noticed this happens a bit on ebay, id like to know if the extra 8% is going to the proper hands.
128x128justlisten
I know a lot of poeple have different oppions on this on. The state sales tax on internet sales moritorium was extended till the fine folks on capital hill can come up with a sollution that benifit all. I work for a well estabished company with 70 employes and eight branch store`s two year`s ago they dove into internet sale`s last year we did 1.75 M in internet sale`s.Our internet sale`s are a small portion of our business, sale`s we would have not had. Since we are only in WA state Wa state customer`s only pay sale`s tax since we have a BRICK AND MORTER STORE in this state. We DO NOT collet sales tax if it is a out of state internet purchase only shipping applies in almost all case`s Let me repeat we are a reputable business that does what the laws require and for now they are tax exempt. David
Why don't we just give unbridled access of our bank accounts to every state in the union to take whatever they want? Isn't that just about what they want? Bastard politicians.
I know a lot of poeple have different oppions on this on. The state sales tax on internet sales moritorium was extended till the fine folks on capital hill can come up with a sollution that benifit all. I work for a well estabished company with 70 employes and eight branch store`s two year`s ago they dove into internet sale`s last year we did 1.75 M in internet sale`s.Our internet sale`s are a small portion of our business, sale`s we would have not had. Since we are only in WA state Wa state customer`s only pay sale`s tax since we have a BRICK AND MORTER STORE in this state. We DO NOT collet sales tax if it is a out of state internet purchase only shipping applies in almost all case`s Let me repeat we are a reputable business that does what the laws require and for now they are tax exempt. David

Is this the same tax situation in Virginia?