Celestion Ditton 33 - Great budget speaker

Anyone looking for a great budget speaker I recommend a Celestion Ditton 33. In fact, I think any of that series will be good, but I only have heard the 33s which I own. If I am not mistaken the Spendor used Celestion drivers in their sp1,

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/7298#&gid=1&pid=1

mindlessminion
IMO the Ditton 33s are legit audio classics and you'd have to spend about $2500 to get something comparable today. Plus, the sealed box design makes for non boomy bass in real world living conditions
   One of the many things I have enjoyed about the model 33s is how they are so effected by the set up. The better the electronics, and the better the input, the better they sound. I bought my present pair for $200. At first they were not very nice to listen to, but after a few days, what a wonderful difference. Maybe languishing in a dark closet for who knows how long, similar to a violin just tightens them up. Both need to be used to sound there best. 
   I bought my first pair in 1978 from Smith Appliance shop in Portland Ore. for $150, At first all I had was very early Mac 5100 integrated and the sound was at best just ok. Then I bought a super modified A.R. SP 3, and a yamaha 200 pyramid shaped amp. I don’t think I have ever enjoyed a better transformation in sound in my life. Shiza  happens in life and I lost all that.
    But today with my present day Mc set up, I can sit and listen all day and feel a glow of happiness in how I’m fatigued free, and enjoy every last note out of these 45 year old wonders.