CD Recorder Advice - Please!

I am wanting to purchase a quality CD Recorder but know nothing about them. Can any of you help with specific recommendations on both the player and type of blank CD's that produce the best recordings. I plan to spend as much as 600-800 in the used market. Also do recordings sound as good as the original CD? Thank you very much for your help and reply. Rick
rick5189
I strongly recommend PIONEER PDRW-19, its the best in market and suits your budget.I do owe one and find it stunning, the best price is $630 new!
One thing you must know about consumer CD recorders is that they prohibit copying from a disc that has already been copied! The neirest machine that does copy copy-prohibited discs is the professional TEAC or the professional Yamaha, both of which come at a much higher price that the Pioneer. As for pure quality, the most recent Pioneer should suit just fine. IN any case; a copy = not a copy in that it is a clone; there IS a loss! how much depends on the brand of recorder and player. for consumer purposes, the Yamaha (consumer model cdr-1000) is the best choice for sound quality) If you have enough money go buy the Marantz flagship.it is slightly better. The best twin cd recorder/player is the Harman/Kardon,it's sound quality is comparable to the Yamaha. DO NOT buy the Philips twin recorder. Its nice if you"re on a budget but it is far from lossless. at first hearing the differences may seem inaudible, but on a good system and when listening carefully, differences can be spotted. in any case: listen to the machine before you buy. hoping to have made a purchase more easy, Christiaan
Make sure your unit has a digital level control for recording otherwise in the digital recording mode your copy will come out with various volume levels and drive you crazy - that is if you are making a mix of songs CD. The Pioneer units are very good - I have two of them.