CD player for my system

I am looking at getting a new CD player in the under 2K range (yeah I know, this topic is done to death). I'm not sure what would be best for my current/future set-up. I need a new amp (which I plan on getting sometime after a new CDP) and am using Monitor Audio Silver S6 speakers (which I don't plan on replacing in the near future).

I have been thinking about some nicer models, such as the Simaudio Nova or the Ayre CX-7 (both used), but am wondering if it is worth spending the extra $ considering my system. I have also considered a Naim CD5, which I think would go well with the speakers and my musical preferences (good sense of rhythm). But maybe going to a Rega Jupiter would be a better value on my system.

Any thoughts? Leaning towards the Nova, except maybe not the best value for my system.

Also, does anyone have any comments on the Audio Analogue Maestro? I found a good deal on a used one, but it was not a CDP I was previously considering.

Thanks,
mbutler_ca
I auditioned the Ayre CX-7 and a Linn Ikemi with my old amp-a Sugden a21A-my thinking was similar to your own (particularly with the Ayre)that perhaps my system wasn't quite up to the level of CD player I was choosing however my system did show up marked differences between these players and I decided I wanted a CX-7,simply because it sounded superb in a system that retailed for less than the cost of it(£2.5k amp/speakers to £3k CDplayer).
Whilst looking around for a CX-7 I actually came across a great deal on an AX-7 so I bought that.
I think it very much depends on the equipment but strangely if you can judge things like this; the CX-7 performance with my old amp was actually more impressive that it was when I eventually got one and put it with it's AX-7 partner.
Of course the AX-7 took my system to another level when I got it so I was not at the same starting point.
I couldn't guarantee this would happen in your system but this is what I found.
Hope this helps.
You are dead right about this being beat to death. But what hasn't on the 'gon? Anyway, take a good listen to the Audio Aero Prima. Lists for $2300. Can be found brand spanding new, for under $2k. One beautiful, killer, sweet cdp. I believe I've heard that somewhere before? Maybe it was me. I love mine. It'll go tete a tete with the best. And I mean the best. I love mine. I can turn you on, if interested, to a dealer who will give you a great price, service, and advice on your system. peace, warren
Let me try and be a bit more clear - I'm not asking for everybody's favorite CDP in my price range. I am looking for recommendations for MY system. So let me be a bit more specific:

Speakers: Monitor Audio Silver S6 - metal dome tweeeter and ceramic coated alloy cones give it a fast response, but also make it brighter

Amplification: Currently running my source through a higher end Integar receiver, but will likely switch to a decent integrated for 2 ch after getting my CDP, so any recommendations should take this into account (both quality wise and $$ - trade-off between CDP and integrated). I will likely look at a tube integrated, which should soften the speakers a bit.

Now, if anyone wants to rave about how good or bad they thought the Audio Analogue Maestro is, please do - i can't find much info on this player.

Thanks again,
Since you plan on replacing everything after you get your cdp, what is the purpose of your post? You start with the source and go from there. Naturally we are going to give you our favorites. Your system, from what you're saying, is a temporary thing. I give up. Good luck, you'll need it.... peace, warren
Audio Analogue Maestro, over priced items. I saw review (Hi Fi Choice? What Hi Fi? Hi Fi News? which gave a 3 stars (out of 5) rating on this player.