-ected to my i noticed that some of the crispness from the
cassette gets lost on the final cd.is there a way to retain
the crispness on the cd?thanks
coonsanders
hi
im using a dell demension 1100 computer.the tape deck is a
onkyo ta-rw244it doesnt have a tape bias switch button but
there is a button for dolby.i have this switched to off as'
the cassette isnt dolby.and i use nero to burn the cd.

lenny
You rather blew by some of the questions that have been asked but I'll throw out the following.

The Dell Dimension 1100 is an entry level PC and I believe the soundcard is integrated into the motherboard. The line level analog input of the card could be your limitation. (This assumes that the Onkyo cassette deck is giving good results when you play a cassette back directly through your stereo.)

However, it is still worth checking that you have the correct adapter cable going to the correct input. You should also check your driver and input settings for the soundcard on the PC. I don't use Nero for recording, but double-check your software settings there, too.

Do you have any other analog input sources you can try with the PC (a turntable or tuner, for example)? If you get poor results recording other analog sources to CD then you likely need to look at the computer end of things.

Good luck.
hi
when i play lps on my turntable the resulting cds is very good......its cripsy and loud espically when i record ste
-ero lps.this issus is only with certain cassettesim able to add another soundcard that might be able to over ride
the card that came with the computer....is that possible??

lenny
If you get good quality sound when recording LPs to your computer, then the soundcard isn't the problem.

Based on that tidbit of info, it sounds like one of two things. Either your problem is either the cassette deck or it could be that you have the deck's output level mismatched with the line level input of your computer. The software I use for transferring old analog sources is Adobe Audition and it includes an input volume display that lets you know when the input volume is adjusted correctly. Does Nero have a similar feature?
hi
yea nero has these volume levels in the wave editor that
tells you that if your in the red youve got distortion.so
you have to make sure the volume control is out of the red
if it is the tape deck what can i do?thanks

lenny .