Cary tubes?

Looking at getting into tubes.Anyone with experience with Cary 805 mono's and 98 preamp? Would match with Proac 2.5's as my room is small.Also looking at Mac MC2000,but Mac does not make a tubed preamp.Any feedback appreciated.
Mark
amwarwick
Cary is one of many companies that manufacture good sound equipment, and have a good customer service. Both amp and preamp are good and will drive your Proac 2.5 speakers.
Cary 805C and the 98 combo is one of the most musical systems you can find period!! Regardless of price. Your Proac's won't do justice with the amps in my opinion. The speakers are good but not the same league as the amps.
Hi Amwarwic, I had the 805s for almost 2 years and enjoyed it very much. The 805s and the Proac 2.5 is a very musical combination. The Cary preamp would not be my first choice for these amps. It is just my opinion but I do not think the 98 is in the same league as there amps. The 805s, with a few mods will improve on this already excellent amp.
i had a cary slp98 pre for a while, & it was wery nice - better than the magnum version of the rogue 99. customer service is also excellent. but, my current melos music director is in another league altogether than the cary.

re: the cary amp, i haven't heard it, tho i've heard folks who enjoy driving proacs w/it. my opinion is that the proacs wood do better w/as much power as ewe can give 'em, so i'd tink the mac amp wood be a better match.