Cary CDP-1 vs Marantz SA8001

Does anyone have any more details or reviews on the Cary CDP-1? I have been looking around the internet and the only thing I found was a review trouncing it. I am thinking of getting a new Marantz SA8001 but I would be willing to cash out a bit more in order to get the Cary used.
d_zervas
Consider the biased review on CDP-1 is a very stupid one as it compares Cary CDP-1 against a player twice or threefold CDP-1´s price. That´s what I hate from reviewers, they live with their dogmas and sometimes are unfocused. But also you can read it as CDP-1 is a "worse" sounding player than one costing twice more, which is a great compliment.

I have it after much looking, it is a perfect machine, not "audiophile" treatments in sound (warm), it just plays great, clean, dinamically, I really like it, I have been rediscovering some of my CD´s.

(I have had combinations of DAC+drive, and CD players from brands like, Myryad, Agile, Benchmark, Berendsen, CI Audio, for your reference)
I got a good deal on a CDP-1 and got it a couple of months ago. I have been thrilled with it. The sound goes with the rest of my system: Cary SLP-74 preamp, Bel Canto Evo2 amp, Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home speakers. The soundstage is nice and the sound is so much better than my previous CD player: the bass is tight, the instruments are more focused and the sound continues to be warm. I especially notice the difference with Western Classical music: things sounded mushed together before, they sound clean and separate now. My previous CD player was a Jack Bybee modified Pioneer player that sounded better than an Arcam (FMJ-xx ?) player that I auditioned it with.