Cardas or Nordost???

Currently I have all Nordost Cables in my system (SPM interconnects and Red Dawn Rev 2 speaker wire) My system is very basic and consists of a Wadia 850 run directly into a Mark Levinson 331. I am thinking about trying out the Cardas Golden Reference interconnects and Neutral Reference Speaker cable. I know these cables are totally different. Any thoughts on what would be the best fit? Thanks in advance...John
jla
I have tried the nordost on my Dunlavy V's and was way to bright and thin. I haven't used the Cardas. I got the Synergistic reference and am very pleased
Knocking Cardas or Nordost for not "manufacturing" their own wire is like knocking Mercedes for not "manufacturing" the steel used to make their cars. Mta, if your computer company "manufactured" its own silicon, would you post less tripe, or, would we all get more value from the drivel?
You misse the point KHrys.I guess your one of the unlucky ones who has bought their overpriced junk.Some people just have a hard time with the truth.Which is you can buy a custom cable from a suberb desiner for 299.00.You dont have to pay Nordst or one of those others 2000.00 for the same piece of cable.
First, there seems to be a lot of things missing here most importantly, the facts. Nordost is based in Framingham MA and is a company new to High-End audio, but not to wire and cable manufacturing. They have been involved in the design and manufacture of wire and cable products for the aerospace, medical, military and computer industries for years and so bring a wealth of technical expertise to the design process. So much for the wild accusations and conclusions about Nordost buying cable off the shelf from some cable manufacturer and re-selling it to uninformed audiophiles. Insofar as The Audio Critic goes, GIVE ME A BREAK...PLEEEEASE!! This guy sees conspiracies and innuendo in everything! If The Audio Critic had his way, we would all be using 10 watt tube amps, gutting Wilson Watt loudspeakers and running around wiring 8 parallel runs of Polk Audio speaker wire to our speakers. Somewhere Stereophile's Sam Tellig and his sidekick Larz are laughing their butts off while convincing you to use Radio Shack's well-wire! Hey, perhaps Cardas uses well-wire in their Golden Cross. Quick! Call The Audio Critic!! My experience is that people handle the TRUTH just fine, once they really know what the TRUTH is.
First, there seems to be a lot of things missing here most importantly, the facts. Nordost is based in Framingham MA and is a company new to High-End audio, but not to wire and cable manufacturing. They have been involved in the design and manufacture of wire and cable products for the aerospace, medical, military and computer industries for years and so bring a wealth of technical expertise to the design process. So much for the wild accusations and conclusions about Nordost buying cable off the shelf from some cable manufacturer and re-selling it to uninformed audiophiles. Insofar as The Audio Critic goes, GIVE ME A BREAK...PLEEEEASE!! This guy sees conspiracies and innuendo in everything! If The Audio Critic had his way, we would all be using 10 watt tube amps, gutting Wilson Watt loudspeakers and running around wiring 8 parallel runs of Polk Audio speaker wire to our speakers. Somewhere Stereophile's Sam Tellig and his sidekick Larz are laughing their butts off while convincing you to use Radio Shack's well-wire! Hey, perhaps Cardas uses well-wire in their Golden Cross. Quick! Call The Audio Critic!! My experience is that people handle the TRUTH just fine, once they really know what the TRUTH is.