Can Rock-N-Roll have great sound quality?

I need help finding well recorded rock-n-roll. Dire Strait's "Brothers in Arms",Queensryche's "Empire",Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" are good and so are some of Heart's. All Van Halen is really bad, and everybody else is in between. I have Dave Koz's self titled cd and nothing in the rock genre comes close. Please help my 802's.
wilelupine
Post removed 
Dear oh dear there seems no end to these types of posts.

To the original poster the newer Van Halen remasters sound great,they are HDCD and to my ears they are very clear and well balanced.
There are thousands of rock releases that sound good agreed few may be to Audiophile standards but to me there is a contradiction in here-any appreciation of music surely should focus on the music and there are countless great recordings of music that aren't technically great.
That is one aspect which is subjective but the other main point isn't............................

Further than that why don't folks check the date on the back of any CD that is giving them grief then walk into a record store or check online to see if that disc has been updated/remastered since then.
It can't be that difficult,surely?

So often on this forum people refer to discs way way out of date surely if the sound bothers you that much you can take the time to check?
It happens time and time again.
:-)
Another couple great recorded rock albums are the Rolling Stones "Sticky Fingers" and Aerosmith "Toys in the Attic".
I like crankin' up Zeppelin's "Physical Graffiti" too!
Try Little Feat's "Waiting For Columbus"... not only well recorded R&R, but incredibly well recorded LIVE R&R.

Dean.