Can anyone confirm whether or not Qobuz works on the Sony NW-ZX2?

Have been reading mixed things all over the internet - hoping to hear from someone with personal experience. If not, what’s an equally superb sounding DAP that handles Qobuz offline (preferably not Astell & Kern)?
sealrock
I did a bunch of testing of this exact issue, and some troubleshooting with Qobuz support. Short answer, no - the OS is too old at this point and Sony has modified it in various undocumented ways. You can sideload Qobuz using ADB or download it using the Google app store, but it throws login errors even if you enter your credentials correctly. A very old version might work (haven't gone that far yet), at the risk of losing features or compatibility with the Qobuz cloud.
As far as replacements, I'm using my Android smartphone with Sony WH-1000XM2 headphones and USB Audio Player Pro for streaming, and switch to the Qobuz app or my laptop for offline support. Also, Sony just released the NW-ZX507 DAP that's based on Android 9. I briefly played with a pre-release version at RMAF with Tidal, and sound quality was pretty good. It seems to be a merge of features between the ZX2 and ZX300.