Calling B&W speaker users with tube power amp

Hi,

Am currently using a B&W Matrix 803 series 2 speakers, driving it with a solid state power and tube pre. Am actually preferring tube sounds. Therefore, am toying with the idea of getting a tube power to replace the ss. Big question in mind is whether tube power amp is able to drive the speakers.

Could anyone who is using B&W speakers driven by tube power amp share experiences pls? pls also inform what brand/watt of the tube power amp used.

Thanks.
audiodb
Thanks all for the response.

I am quite surprised actually to find that most responses are having good experience with sounds like some had good experience with relatively 'small' amps (8 to 30 watts).
For gliderguider, tpsonic, and thorman, have you had the chance to listen a ss amp driving your speakers? If yes, do you think the tube amp still drives it better?

I am also very curious on comments from Bigkidz. Could you explain more on why matrix series' crossover need higher current to come alive?

The tube amp, I have in mind, is BAT vk 60. Am wondering whether this is enough to make my speaker sings. My music genre varies from jazz vocal to percusion to pop.

My current systems are: electrocompaniet emc1 cdp, audio research LS22 pre, audio research d400mk2 power. What I like is it has the dynamics/fast/speed/slam for music type like fourplay (max-o-man)or michael jackson (black/white). I feel the smoothness of midrange/vocal on jennifer wearnes/holy cole trio is not quite there yet. Not sure whether I am asking too much out of my systems.....or maybe I should consider bi-amping...?
It really depends on how much demand you plan on putting the amps/If you listen at modest sound levels ,you'll have no problem.But if you tend to listen at higher levels you'll place more demands on the amps and may need more for that situation.Depends on you needs.
As I mentioned, I'd previously used a Sugden Au51P with my 804's, and also a SimAudio 4070 - a 60 wpc SS amp. The tubes were better than either in terms of vocal quality, soundstaging, treble smoothness, bass extension and overall realism.
I'm using CJ Premier 12's (140w) to drive my B&W N803's. Best combo I've had with the N803's. Completely effortless and musical.