Cable co. is forcing me to rent or buy what they call a

digital converter box. All i’ve seen are ones to receive over the air broadcast. i couldn’t give a rats ass abouut installing  an outdoor antenna to my house’. So, what is needed to descramble channels. Well i think that’s what is needed. All i’ve seen are for terrestrial tv. thanks 
harley52
not sure where you Live Exactly, yet I get 122 channels, OTA small antenna on the roof, not visable by much.  Amplifier inside, 80% in English, others Hispanic, 10% shopping channels, pay for Internet Only the past 6 yrs, 4 Samsung TV's 55", 65" and 75" and 24" in kitchen, 2 27" imacs plus 5 other idevices, using one 27" to Mirror to any or all TV's.  Many Free Movies w/o torrent hacks, all lidget.    Once you understand/get used to streaming You will Love it!  -- It's just myself and my dog, so 75Mps Down will work, although I have 27 devices total and have 200mps download, yet my bandwidth has never needed over 65Mps..     for my devices..   Ask if you want more info..
@tomic601 
Actually orange antennae provide a higher quality signal.
Bit like fuses.
Have learned that the box to descramble the cable signal aren’t made and what’s on the used market has been gained by stealing one from a cable company. Oh, well. Sometimes life has surprises. This one sucks though.
And I’D have to obtain a cable card which cable co. doesn’t want to help getting one, even if they sell the card.

Jweilers, I like your amount of equipment. Very cool. I remember torrents. Oh boy. I use a simple digital antenna on the roof mounted to my old direct tv spot. It is totally free and the 1080 pixel quality is superb! Digital feed right through the air, love it. I think it is because it is free. I use Hulu also because is so so easy and cheap if you want commercials still. Best picture and sound still is from the roof. Pretty amazing if you think about it. I do need to up my size on my Samsung TV , wish I had more than one. 
I'm on the Spectrum teet as well, but many newer smart tv's have  apps loaded that take the place of the cable box...