Bypass switch setting on M&K MX-125 MkII

Hi

Can someone who owns this sub please let me know if I should set the bypass switch to Variable or Bypass on the sub. The sub is connected to my EAD TM8800 Pro

Thanks
danieljoseph
Thanks Ed.
Sorry for this silly question but how do I check if my EAD has a built in low pass filter. I have gone through my manual and it does not cover this other than advising how to connect the subwoofer to the prep\/pro.

Thanks
Daniel
Contact your EAD dealer. They can tell you.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Perhaps someone on this forum with more knowledge than me can help. I'm just a "plug n' play" guy

Ed
Hi Daniel, every pre/pro has a low pass filter in it. You have a screen menu or a section in your manual that describe this. For me I prefer to use the variable crossover in the M&K sub since it has a better filter 36db/octave, usually the pre-pro has 12 or 18db/octave filter and a fix frequency at 80Hz, so that means you still have mid bass going to your sub. For my installation, my pre/pro is set to 12db/octave at 80Hz and I finalize my adjustment with my v-125 at around 70Hz, that way I use the 36db/octave and have no voice coming from my sub, only deep bass.