buzz/hum from tv

I have a 31" Panasonic tubed tv in a HT set up. I am using the Paradigm Studio 100's/450cc/dipolars for speakers. Ensemble wires rca's/power. Integra Research RDA7 amp and Marantz av9000 preamp. I have a minor noise, when the tv is off, with system on, but the noise is about 3x as loud when the tv is on.
I have also noticed that the closer the speakers are to the tv (front/center), even with the sound system off, (tv on) the speakers pick up a buzz. There is also a buzz from the tv's own speakers (which I do not use).
I believe it's the tube of the tv. Does anyone have any suggestions?
paddlersean
Paddlersean,

I have the SAME problem as you that I still struggle with it. I have a 6 or 7 year old 27" JVC tube TV. I have an entertainment center with a stack of components next to the opening for the TV - so the TV and all the cabling is in close proximity. I have bad hum in my system with the TV on (and none with it off). I tried the ground loop breaker and it didn't work. Then I realized it was coming from the TV itself. If I listen to the TV's internal speakers, they buzz some as well, even with the volume set to zero. I can move interconnects around between my receiver and external amps and make some channels quiet, but never could get rid of it on all channels.

I am convinced it is an EMI emissions problem. My final test was to take the TV out of the entertainment center and onto the floor in front - no buzz even with the TV on. I am guessing it is the power supply transformer that is emitting noise that gets picked up by the cables which act as antennas. I have considered using to use some ferrous (steel not aluminum) sheetmetal as an EMI shield to try to isolate the TV from the rest of the system. But I never did try it and currently just live with the problem.

With the entertainement center like we have, there is no real way to physically separate the TV from the cabling, which is the solution. I am just holding out until I move everything to a basement home theater set-up where I will be able to separate them by using separate racks.
This does sound like the same problem. I do plan on trying to pull the tv out, as you said, and just see if the tv itself is still buzzing. If it is I might get the tv checked out. I'm waiting til after the holidays to experiment more. I'll update the post in a couple weeks.
That noise can realy drive you crazy on certain movies.
Another step would be a different rack, right now they are in a tight unit.
Hello:

I was looking at this thread and I have the exact same issue. Were you able to solve this?

Thanks.
John
I have a Panasonic 36 inch and had almost verbatim the same problem you described. I ended up using a Monster HTS 1000. I plugged the cable line into the Monster and the noise disappeared. Everything I tried prior to this point failed to get the noise out of the TV. I tried magnetic filters on power cords as well as disconnecting things, changing circuits etc.