bryston warm up time

I bought a used Bryston amp about two months ago and noticed that it taked about 15 min to warm up. At first it sounds fuzzy and distorted. When it warms up it sounds as sweet as it should. I was wondering if this is normal or a sign that it should be looked at? The amp is from about the mid 90's

Thanks for your imput
ghost_rider
Anywhere from twelve hours to two days (Naim amps, much digital gear) is required for thermal stabilization and full performance. This issue, and the related issue of whether leaving equipment turned on 24/7 prolongs its life, reappears continually on this site, for example:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1129360866&openmine&zz
I would check the Capacitors on this unit. Look for leaks on them. Solid state should not have that long of a warm up time. Tubes will have a stabilization period but I have never heard of SS having one. If you have an oscilloscope and a good meter you can measure the charge and decay of the caps. Use a grounding rod when discharging caps as to not get a generous surprise when you reach inside.
I agree w scrowley. Any SS amp should be ready to go in no more than 15 minutes. And if you have a power conditioner with a meter, you can tell when that is because the idling current draw settles down and stops fluctuating.

As for thermal stabilization, that's very nice but not really necessary for a SS amp (especially full Class A) to perform at its best. And unless the listening room's temperature is kept constant, the temperature at which the amp stabilizes will keep changing depending on the room temperature.

Scrowley also makes a good point about the caps. They might be taking longer to fully charge. However if the amp is still in warranty (20 years transferrable for Bryston), I'd suggest you send it in for routine service anyway. What's a little freight!?