Bryston BDA-1 DAC, any thoughts?

Curious about the Bryston BDA-1 stand alone DAC. Anyone own one of these or auditioned one?
How does the remote volume control work?
Using it with or without preamp?
Thanks!
128x128rja
not a review specifically but I did notice that this unit is about the only DAC I've seen that will take in 24/192 as an input. lots output that but this unit seems like it will take it and upscale from there?

might be of interest if this is true and unique for a future proofing benefit.
PS Audio's Perfect Wave DAC input is capable 192 khz 32 bit data via its I2S, XLR, and RCA Coax inputs.
I am wondering how much difference the Bryston would make with the sound of a run of the mill cd player. I have an old "juke box" technics 110 that I like to let run occasionally in a secondary system. Could one expect a good result via coax or toslink to a the Bryston DAC? Anyone with thoughts or experience?
Tamara -- Are you sure that the Technics has digital outputs? They made various models of 110 disk cd changers. I took a look at photos of some of them in eBay listings, and none of the ones I looked at had digital outputs.

Re your question, though, I would expect the degree of improvement you would perceive by using a Bryston DAC to be dependent on the quality of the rest of the system, particularly the speakers. It might be overkill for a secondary system.

Regards,
-- Al
Thanks AL
Yes, It is the SLP 110, and it has a toslink optical out. The reason I am asking the question is that I might consider connecting that to the main system every once in a while as I might, say, a music server of some type. I guess the jist of the inquiry is just how important is the unit that is reading the 1s and 0s. I have a feeling that doing that might be the real test of jitter correction. Surely someone has connected a not so great player. Just an interesting question to me.