Brandi Carlile

Just wondering if anyone has heard the new
Brandi Carlile album entitled The story. I am
playing it constantly and i can't believe this
album slipped under the radar for so many.She
is an excellent songwriter and has suprising
emotional depth for a 25 year old.Production
on the album could have been better (damn you T Bone
Burnett). Lol. However it's less noisy then Raising Sand.
It's also a much better album imho. Anyone who hasn't
heard it can check it out here:
http://www.amazon.com/Story-Brandi-Carlile/dp/B000NDIAWY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1208566296&sr=1-1
blazen69
Fantastic album as is her first self titled album. "Production on the album could have been better", that's an understatement! It's among the worst i've heard. It's as bad as the music is good! It's a shame that so much raw talent in the form of music is on a record that is so poorly engineered. Saw her in concert at House of Blues in Hollywood. She's The Boss and Melissa Etheridge combined. One of the best performances i've ever seen.
I agree. The sound engineer should get bamboo lashes.Lol.
I am real jealous you got to see her live Zippyy. The good artists always skip over the city i live in. This is the last straw. I'm moving. Lol. I can't get enough of her. Lila Downs as well. Discovered her by accident. Have you heard of her? If not check out this link.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mkjBNgQG23I

I always love to share lesser known artists, that i think deserve more recognition then they get.
There's an older thread on this artist/album, so she hasn't gone completely unnoticed. But, I agree with the others, i.e. th production quality is very poor IMHO. Her voice deserves better.
Can wait for the "reissue" of her album. Unfortunately, I don't think the problems with this recording will ever be able to be corrected. Hopefully, they will get the engineering right on her next record. What city are you in? The only thing about LA that I'd miss would be the music, concerts that is, you can have the rest of it. I'll check out the link. Thanks.