bi wiring

Can anyone tell me what the benifits are for bi wiring speakers. It seems to me that you are accomplishing the same thing as using the jumpers at the binding posts. I can see the benifits of bi amping, just a little confused about bi wiring.
jasonh37
If the speaker is designed to properly take advantage of biwiring, it does make a discernable difference.

There is no voodoo in biwiring. Low frequencies actually do carry with them a large magnetic field that will modulate delicate high frequencies traveling within the same cable. Biwiring simply isolates the high frequencies from this strong magnetic field by providing a dedicated path for each.

Those who are single wiring will be surprised if they compare the sound of their speakers with the single cable going to the treble connections and jumpering down to the bass vs. the opposite. Whichever driver(s) are getting the direct connection sound noticably clearer and more articulate than the driver(s) connected via the jumper. In my experience, no matter how good the quality of the jumper, this is the case.

The best way to single wire is to cross wire. Run your positive to the treble positive and your negative to the bass negative and jumper positves to each other and negatives to each other. This averages the loss in sonic performance evenly across the whole speaker. Try it.
Davemitchell wrote:

"Low frequencies actually do carry with them a large magnetic field that will modulate delicate high frequencies traveling within the same cable."

This is true however my new Synergistic Research Tesla speaker wires are designed to control and cancel out these fields for more articulate signal transfer. The proof is in the pudding but I've never tasted pudding like this! I can't say enough good about these new cables. They do not bi-wire in the traditional way, are flexible and have the deepest and tightest bass I have ever heard. They also present the widest and deepest sound stage I've ever heard and this I believe has something to do, at least in part, with the way the speaker cables get out of the way and just let the music through.
Wow, it looks like my tedious question has resulted in a boatload of information. I really appreciate all of the responses. I will give (BIWIRING) a try and trust my ears, which seems like the only way to find out the benefits if any. Thanks for all of your help, imagine the amount of responses if I only knew how to spell.
"Jeffreybehr" I cant believe that someone "YOU" has the balls to just insult someone base on their grammar, I find that personally to be insultive and judgemental! Sorry but I am a product of the public educational system :)~