Best value speakers available

I was intrigued by a thread about buying new speakers in the 10k range, a speaker that just kept poping up was the magnepan 3.6. I agree that that is a super value for the money but then again so are the 1.6's. What are you picks for the best "value" speaker out there. I would prefer not to hear the wilson audio X-1 grand slamm, unless of course you are bill gates! thanks in advance for any comments.
tireguy
turbo induction fan transponder and the Kharmadorfer 7.8" mid surround bass woofer, has to be considered a top contender. At $14.95 it will rock your world, baby!
This is all very subjective. Nevertheless, audiophiles seek the best possible [flat, detailed] reproduction of the original recorded sound. After experimenting with several different systems (B & W, Martin Logan, Maggies, among others), I decided to risk a blind purchase of the Newform Research R630 pair (the 30-day return policy helps a lot in that decision).

Not only am I very happy with the result, but I believe that they will sound better still in a bigger room, in my next house. There is nothing comparable in the market, in their price range. To get the same good result, I'd have to go up to B & W's Nautilus 803, at $5,000/pair.
I have to agree with some of the postings above. I've been out auditioning speakers up to 10K and I haven't found anything as consistently musical and satisfying as the Harbeth Compact 7. They totally sound "right" and are soooo engaging. Deepest bass is not there but from 40hz up this is, IMHO, a very difficult speaker to beat. Above 10K I recently heard the Wison Sophia which is very, very nice.
I would have to say that the best value speaker out there would be a pair of used premium finish Merlin VSM-ME with BAM. These Stereophile Class A sleakers can be had on AGON for under $4000. Defintitely worth the cost.