Best value speakers available

I was intrigued by a thread about buying new speakers in the 10k range, a speaker that just kept poping up was the magnepan 3.6. I agree that that is a super value for the money but then again so are the 1.6's. What are you picks for the best "value" speaker out there. I would prefer not to hear the wilson audio X-1 grand slamm, unless of course you are bill gates! thanks in advance for any comments.
tireguy
The Axiom line is amazing for the cost, I own the M60's, VP150, and the QS8's.

PatrickS
The Von Schweikert lines of speakers are definitely the best that you are going to find for the price. The VR-4 Gen III can stand up and surpass any of the Wilson speakers at any price. Then you have the VR-1, which is an incredible buy at 1k. This speaker blows away most speakers that are two to three times its price. You just can't go wrong with any of their speakers.
Another vote here for the entire Magnepan line, especially the MMG's at $550 shipped to your door. I've heard speakers costing three times as much not sound nearly as good. Limited deep bass impact, but they will just pull you in.
Some great suggestions...hard to beat used speakers when looking for value...that being said..."boxless designs" such as Vandersteen and Magnepan offer tremendous sonics in relation to price...I dont have the room for either...but if I did...both would be on my "short list"....happy listening...