Best used speakers around 500 for clasic rock

I'll be in the market soon for some used speakers that will sound good in my lingroom which is 13'6" x 15'6" They will be tied into a carver amp & CJ PV10. I listen to southern rock, clasic rock, blues & some jazz rock. The problem I have is that there is no other place except against the short wall with no room to come out & over unless I want to move the speakers out every time I listen to my system & even then there isn't much room to move out. I listen to alot of music I record myself in a "rock" concert setting so image & soundstage are very high priorities.
fishwater3ccc
Consider Spica TC60's. An excellent all around speaker in its day (and for the $ today). An imaging champ.
Post removed 
Funny you mention that, I had some old JBL's that I loved & handed down to my father after I replaced them with new ones(forget the model #'s) & hated those so I traded them in on the Polks I currently have. I don't know if they are exactly what I'm looking for. I keep hearing recommendations for Maggie's or Klipsch's & think I'm leaning in that direction.
A set of the older style Infinity Kappa's or RS series will rock your house. I can't comment on the newer Kappa version (.1 stuff). I had a set of Kappa 8's hooked to a set of Adcom 565's & put that system together strictly for rock.

There's a sweet looking pair of RSIIIB's on the 'gon right now that's not too far off your price. At least take a look at them. Good luck!
you could maybe find a pair of Vandersteen 2ci's for that price. These speakers have a nice balance and go pretty low (around 32hz I think) and sound excellent with a variety of music. They will definitly play loud and sound good with solid state.