Best Subwoofer?

what is the best subwoofer? Strictly for music.
parkpoomb27c0
I just acquired a Definitive Technology PF15TL+ sub. For $700 list, I am truly amazed. This baby sports a 500w amp and 15" woofer - a vast speed improvement over the PF15TL version. I cranked up No Mystery by Return To Forever, and my neighbor was rendered impotent for three days(?). Honestly, after auditioning B&W, Phase Tech, and Velodyne, I was sold on the Def Tech for sound vs. value. GOOD LUCK!
The best of all ? REL STUDIO. period. Forget about the smaller models,although good performers for the money. if you are the person who says: i own the best speakers ever made.. try the STUDIO, take your time to adjust it and settle down, be overwhelmed what it does ! You will never ever want to part with it !
I agree that the Vandersteens are best for all the reasons that "MWP" points out. But I believe one additional reason they are the best is their speed. They use 3-8" drivers. THe speed and accuracy of the 8" drivers cannot be matched by ANY 12"-15"-18" drivers due to mass - see Physics 101.
I would have to agree that the vandersteen 2w is best musical subwoofer i have heard, and owned.