Best small/monitor/bookshelf speakers?

I am wanting to update the speakers in my son's bedroom system and the ones at my office (older inexpensive Kef's). Have considered the newer Kef Q15.2, but haven't had the time or distribution in my area to check out all the possibilities..both new and used. What are you favorite speakers in this size range? Thanks for the help!
whatjd
Thanks Sean. And yes, the Richmond is the replacement for the Isis. The break in time was long for my pair. The manufacturer states 25 hours, a good reviewer (Rome) suggested 50 hours and mine took 150+ hours being broken in at fairly low volume levels.
For the JM Reynaud speakers try Randy@ossaudio. He is the U.S. importer and very helpful.
Funny, I looked at the Reynaud website and the US rep listed is a 20" drive from where I live.
Camadeco: I am not certain that I listened to the "DM". I listened to a model 302 that I found to be a little too rough sounding for my taste, but do not know if it was DM, Series 2 or what. I listened to a 601 model (again I do not know which series) on which the highend was too rolled off for my taste. Both sounded very musical and the 601 had ample detail, just not in the HF. In other words they both sounded very nice until I listened to the speakers that I recommend above. I think that B&W makes some fine moniters like the Nautilus series, but they are pricey and require electronics of equal quality. Is the DM series a new revised line?