Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
Barbara Keith. Japanese reissue of WB lp, available through Amazon. No. 2, Barbara Keith on the Stone Coyotes cd, Changing of the Guard. Also Amazon. You probably wont find these in the stores. I mentioned Eva Cassidy a long time ago and several others, and there's been a lot of repetition of her name and others. But I seem to be the only Barbara Keith fan in audiophiledom. Maybe because I'm NOT an audiophile (see nilthepill on another thread).

If you try the reissue, and you can, reverse phase.
Sarah Harmer is a Canadian singer-songwriter whose style is acoustic-pop-folk-roots, with shades of Nancy Griffiths, Joni Mitchell, Natalie Merchant...
Her CD is called "You Were Here", and got raves from Rolling Stone, Billboard, and was on the TIME magazine 10-best list.
I saw her live on Friday night, and I must say her voice is a miracle!
SARAH HARMER: the NY Times Best CD of 2000!

Sarah Harmer is a Canadian singer-songwriter whose style is acoustic-pop-folk-roots, with shades of Nancy Griffiths, Joni Mitchell, Natalie Merchant...
Her CD is called "You Were Here", and got raves from Rolling Stone, Billboard, and was on the TIME magazine 10-best list.
I saw her live on Friday night, and I must say her voice is a miracle!
Edorr, I listened to Rachelle Ferrell and was NOT impressed, sorry. Paulwp, Eva Cassidy is a delight! She died in her 30's, though, so we are limited to the 3 CD available. The live one is the best, I suggest, since the variety is wide and delicious. Noe Eva has a voice clear and with emotion, which can be recommended as a "BFV on CD" listing. That's different from average voices which one just happens to like.....ok, I've listed a few.