Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
Bluenose, you will probably like Laura Smith - her 2nd with "My Bonny Lies Over the Ocean"- the best rendition of this song that I've heard - from The East Coast. Also, on The "Heart of Stone" CD Join Mitchell's track is wonderfull! Listen also to Dolores Keane - with John Prine on "In Spite of Ourselves" and several by herself. Regards, Colm (Brampton, Ont.)
Lisa Garrard is the voice on "Gladiator", of course and former lead vocal with Dead Can Dance....she has a couple of her own too. The SDSS sound of the film Gladiator featuring LG's voice in the theatre is the finest I have heard short of a live rendition.
Here's two. Jennifer Warnes "Famous Blue Raincoat" and, believe it or not, The Judds "Heartland". You can't go wrong with these two.
Barbara Keith. Japanese reissue of WB lp, available through Amazon. No. 2, Barbara Keith on the Stone Coyotes cd, Changing of the Guard. Also Amazon. You probably wont find these in the stores. I mentioned Eva Cassidy a long time ago and several others, and there's been a lot of repetition of her name and others. But I seem to be the only Barbara Keith fan in audiophiledom. Maybe because I'm NOT an audiophile (see nilthepill on another thread).

If you try the reissue, and you can, reverse phase.