Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
CAROLE KIDD,ELLA FITZGERALD,CARMEN MCRAE,BILLE HOLIDAY,ESTHER OFARIM,JOAN BAEZ,OMARA PORTUONDO,LAURA FYGI.
THE LIST ARE JUST ENDLESS.
Maybe try the "Trio's" discs, with Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt and Dolly Parton. Anytime you have discs where Linda Ronstadt has the roughest voice, you are doing well. I agree with the consensus the Margo Timmins has the moist, sorry I mistyped that, most unbelievable voice out there currently. I remember clear as day the first time I heard "Trinity Sessions", hanging out with some friends late on a Friday, trying to recover from their version of Sweet Jane, and then I get hit with her vocal on "Postcard Blues". Pity the harmonica pierces your eardrum after you are drawn in.

I just picked up the "Live at the World Cafe Disc" put out by WXPN the local "non-commercial" station in Philadelphia, and I really like Susan Tedeschi and the woman in the band Shivaree which is on the disc.

If Cornfedboy reads this, is the Classics Gold version of "Trinity Sessions" still in print?
laura fygi,diana krall,shirley horne,holly cole,cassandra wilson are my picks BUT everything has to do with how good it was recorded because there are so many irresponsible recording engineers out there that will break or make the song, performance,and ambience of the recording. i am concerned that many recording engineers MUST use the right recording hardware including cables in order to preserve the emotions in a recording. bottom line shirley horne can sound like janis joplins recordings in the 70s if it is not done right.
Great thread! Canadian Laura Smith has a 'traditional' CD "b'tween the earth and my soul" on which Track 3 "My Bonny" is one of my references. Ditto Emmylou's earlier stuff. Iris Dement & Margo Timmins rate for emotive spirit. Don't forget the Celine Dion "Power of Love" (title track) - her music is much reviled but ohh! the voice - you want to hear top-end female extension? - here it is. Mary Black & the new Macy Gray (yeah, the music sucks, but again, that voice rates with Holiday and Joplin).