Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
Hi, under japanese label "Three Blind Mice", they have recordings of brilliant jazz vocalists pressed into XRCD. No one will doubt the quality of XRCD, in addition to that, the famale vocalists were simply great, yet undiscovered. Mari Nakamoto voice timbre's smoky, reminds me of female counterpart of Louis Armstrong. Her albums "Little Girl Blue", "Mari" & "Mari III" are all great treasures. Best female vocalist (Jazz) , i'll vote Mari Nakamoto!!!
If no one has mentioned the obvious, Tracy Chapman's first CD has great vocal work and not a bad song on the disc, unlike her later and weaker efforts.(material-wise- her voice always sounds great).
Heck, I remember using it to A-B some B& W and Vandersteens I was deciding between.(P.S. Got the Vandy's.)
Most of the rest have been mentioned, I think, but it is worth having Miles Of Aisles as well as the later Joni CD to hear the beauty of her voice earlier, and now the beauty of her interpretation later.
Going to get booted for this one! but what about Reba McEntire.... she just makes me very content. (showing my age now). Maybe with your help, I will outgrow this!