Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
I love most of the Jazz singers mentioned so far, but I feel I need to toss in a couple other genres to make things fair. First of, Bjork really has done some amazing work. Second, I don't know the lead singers name, but Sneaker Pimps is great female modern techno/pop. Also Poe is pretty great. Let me just mention Holly Cole again. Also I saw Natalie Cole for Unforgettable but I think I like Stardust even more (they both are great). I also that Mrs. Big (I think that was her name) who sang the female part in Meatloafs 'I Can Do That' on Bat out of Hell 2 was great.
--Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth (especially on "Dirty" and "Washing Machine") --Tori Amos (especially on "Choirgirl Hotel" and "Venus Orbiting") --P.J. Harvey (especially on "To Give You My Love" and "Is This Desire?")
Since my last reply got blown away during the outage and I'd like to keep this thread going: Mary Magdeline from the orginal Jesus Christ Super Star recording. "I don't know how to love him" and "Everything's alright." Very sweet is this Hawaiian girl (Yvonne Elliman). No career afterwords, but she's HOT! Marry me.
I strongly agree In their order of my preference) with Shirley Horn, Sara K, Rebecca Pigeon & Barbra Steisand. I haven't heard D.K. but, my cousin was telling me how good Diana K. is. However, I told him to get Jacintha's "Here's to Ben" in XRCD and the last time I talked to him, he was amazed with Jacintha. This might amaze you guys too.........
Too many to list in Damn Shame.Has anyone heard Mandy Barnett?"Ive got a right cry " is a collection of mostly old "stndards" in the Patsy Cline style that is very enjoyable.I love all kinds of music,but cant stand over produced fodder like Maria ect.Love the real song writers from Rickie Lee to Lucinda Williams,to Emmylou,to Loreena McKennit, even Macy Gray. Katie Webster is my favorite blues singer and I appreciate many of those mentioned above. Heres a real curve: Iris DeMent. Check her and others out singing duets wiht John Prine on "In spite of ourselves". Bags of fun. Keeping an open mind (ear) holds its rewards.