Best CD player now made.

I am interested in getting the best CD player out there as one of my digital sources. I have a few candidates but I wanted some other opinions. Any suggestions on the Sony's top player or Mark Levinson, or even the BAT tubed affair. I realise the Transport and the DAC might be superior but I wanted to stay below 5 digits. Thanks,
thomasea1
The Melos DVT 24/96 with all tube analog output stage waxes the BAT VK-D5 in A/B comparisons. The Melos also bested the ARC CD2 in the same A/B comparisons. Both the BAT and ARC sound dry and thin compared with the Melos. The BAT has a better feel to its mechanism but sound wise there is no comparison on 16/44.1 stuff. The Melos sells for $1895 new and with some of the Chesk/Classic 24/96 recordings sounds as good as many high-end TT setups.
The best kept secret is the PROCEED pcd by Madrigal (Mark Levinson maker). Newest technology then Mark Levinson #39. Sound much more live with beutifull bass extention- and at a resonable price. The best choice in this changing environment for cds.
Try and listen YBA CD integre model.This player has absolutely neutral frequent - amplitude characteristic. Only please use worthy amplifier and quality power cord! I am sure, if you love a living sound you estimate this model
I have heard and seen many players,but i belive sony cd players rule for the money.I can always listen to my c77es and be pleased.They are worthy of their praise.
I'd put my Resolution Audio CD-50 up against any of them, even the Sony SCD-1!!!