Best Bookshelf Speakers

I just blew a driver in one of my bookshelf speakers. I am driving them with an inexpensive reciever. I am looking for a recommendation for replacement speakers. Price NEW must be $1,000 or less. Thanks for the help!
jtinn
The Legacy Studio Monitors are the best. Well built - look good in your choice of finish and sound incredible.
PSB has an entry level model that you can get for $200 pr. It is an awesome buy for the money.
Look at the Linn Tukans. Listen to them and trust me you will not go anywhere else. The jey is you have to listen to them.
I'd look at the Swans Diva speakers. Best value for the money. av123.com. Another thought: Audio Concepts Sapphire III. www.audioc.com. Also might look at a speaker kit. The Seas Odin at www.zalytron.com Good luck.
Gee, carl, it's just so selfless of you to spend all of this intelectual currency enlighting the rest of us. You are a wealth of knowledge no matter what the subject is. How do you do it, man? I do have one question that I know only you can answer. What is the central mystery of Quantum Mechanics?