Best bargain ARC tube pre amp around a grand

I need some opinions on which ARC pre amp to look for (and which to avoid) used , in the vicinity of $1000-1300. or so. Im pairing it with a pair of Quicksilver Audio M-60's with Sovtec KT-88's and driving Maggie 3.3's.(IM actually very pleased with these amps driving the 3.3r to moderate levels in my room) I want the lush yet detailed ARC tube sound. phono optional,but VPI Aries/jmw10.5 and Lyra Helikon,is worth a good phone stage if it can handle the low output of the lyra... I've owned so many tube and SS amps and pre amps, mostly cj over the years, but ARC is somewhat less familiar. LS vs. SP...anyone???lots of used unit out there
I need some insight.

thanks
ken
128x128kehut
Hello, I suggest in your price range the SP9 MKIII is one to consider. You could also contact Steve Huntley at Great Northern sound for additional info. He is very knowledgable about the ARC equipment.
The best of holidays
Kehut, you may know this already but LS stands for, in "ARC speak" line stage(may be too obvious). The SP line has a phono stage built in. Their are many ways to go within the framework you have.

Par3n1's suggestion is a good one, not sure about the Helikon's low output into the 9 though. I have more experience with the 9 using med.to high output MC's. I used to own an SP8 which many like better than the 9 and can be had for the budget you are working with. An 8 may need some of the power supply caps repalced by now and from my experience are not as reliable as the 9. An SP9 Mk I or II has a lot of potential and to me sound good in stock form too. With a few small upgrades, like an IEC for a new power cord and some new caps they can really sing. I installed an IEC and InfiniCaps in mine. I love the sound. You could use the new AuriCaps, DynamiCaps, or the Cardis Golden Ratio Hybrid caps(Great Northers Sound uses these I understand).

The LS7 is a great buy, and sound VERY nice too. Combined with a phono stage of your choosing could work real well. Their have been some ARC PH(phono only)units going for decent prices here on the Gon. You may be able to get into a LS7/PH1 combo not far over the grand figure? You will need to still check if the PH1 has the gain you need for the Helikon.
If you need the gain for a low output MC cartridge, you'll need to look as the SP 11 (out of price range used) or the SP 9 series. There's an SP9 for auction on Audiogon at the moment starting at $600. While the Mk III is an improved preamp, the original Mk I for circa $600 is a great bargain.