Best 300B tube

Hi! I have an Audion Silver Night MKII with Tannoy Turnberry SE and a Chord 2Qute connected to a Macbook Pro with Audirvana 3.5. The Audion mounts JJ 300B tubes. I replaced with TJ Full Music Solid Plate matched pair. The middle and highs expanded, all very clear, but the sound now it's so bright that a in less than an hour a get auditive fatigue. So I got back to the JJs, thinking what's next. Gold Lion or it would be similar? Raise money for KR Audio or stop curiosity and just conform with JJs, that are not bad of course? Thanks a lot.
hectorruiz
What driver and input tubes does your MkII use, and what specifically are you using in those positions?

My early Audion Silver Night used 5687 and 6922 and they helped a bit to tune the sound.

DeKay
Hi, same driver and input tubes. I replaced them before with a NOS Mullard (1962) and a NOS Sylvania (1960). It was an upgrade of course, so then I went for the 300B tubes with the same goal.
OK:

My favorite power tubes were (by far) the St. Petersburg Svetlana's (however they rarely lasted for more than 3-5 hundred hours in the amp).

JJ's were my least favorite tried (SS sounding).

The original Chinese 300B's were similar in sound to later (70's?) production WE's -w- screened Yellow graphics on the base, though the WE's were better. 

I ended up using similar (to you) signal tubes...

-late production Blackburn Mullard 6922 with dimpled disc getter
-Sylvania GB 5687

If I were to obtain another Silver Night I would probably go with the PX300 GL's (that you already came up with) along with the Mullard/Sylvania signal tubes.

My opinion of the GL's is based upon the online reviews that you most likely based your pick on, so no big whoop there.

Anyway, looks like you are aiming for the same warm/rich sound that I was.

I paired the Audion with a pair of Reynaud Twin MkII's and it was a very nice organic/3D sounding setup.

DeKay

Top grade 300B will sound more bright due to expanded details.

I am using Dave and HMS which could sound analytical.

But I managed to tame the bright sound, but it was  not easy.

I believe you had better replace  Chord 2Qute with other r2r Dac, then it will help.

Thomas