Belles 150A Reference in Mono???

Looking for feedback on running a pair of Belles 150A Reference amps in mono for my Thiel 3.6's. I've heard that when an amp is run in mono mode, it is actually less accurate because the wave signal is being split between two channels, thus causing degradation of the siganl. Any thoughts? Thanks Troy
troy_noel
Just wondering, have you gotten the repaired 350A Ref back yet, with the upgraded soft-start circuit?
No, not yet--It has been only 3 weeks. He hasn't cashed the check I sent,either. I haven't heard a peep--- I had to do the tracking; just to be sure he got the amp.
I see there are a few of these for sale and for less than I paid. I wouldn't buy one without the soft-start--this is advice to anybody reading this thread.
Avguygeorge,
any comments on Belles 350 reference versus CJ 350?
Thanks in advance, Sam
On Belles vs CJ: Believe it or not at 4k vs 10k imo the Belles is the better amp.---To back track: I only had the Belles for 12 days / I have run the CJ ever since. It is a nice amp to be sure/ oh, I guess dependability should count. The first 3 days with the CJ, I was bummed. I have since spent 9k.---This is true. First I upgraded my dig. cable---That helped a bit. But that wasn't enough. I bought the AA Prestige se player and have glorious sound I never had. ---If anything it shows the importance of a high quality source.---Which we all know about but an upgrade like this reminds me of things we know but need a wakeup smack to remind us / or at least me,I needed it.
I would say the amps sound similar in many respects. I would say the Belles gives you just a bit more. That "bit-more" I mention, IS WHY we spend big bucks---just to get that bit-more. The amp makes the music come out of a blacker background.---Which I mention in another post as the amp appearing to be quieter.---The highs have a 'bit-more' sparkle.--The soundstage a 'bit-more' deeper/ wider. Midrange is hard to say one being better than the other. Just a taste better bass---not by much.
I have a yardstick I measure audio upgrade things by: When I can't turn the system off; I'm in heaven.---Which describes that 12 days / with the Belles. The CJ got turned off on schedule,period. NOW; with 9k more invested, I'm at that same point. I am sure there is a reason why there are 3/4 of the 350a ref. amps for sale. BOY, and are they cheap. When I bought mine it was the only one listed. I would say to anyone: Think about buying the cheapest used one and send it in for the "soft-start" board. Depending on where you live/where the seller lives and David is on the east coast----Maybe have the seller send it to David???? At the price I don't think there is a more refined/dynamic quality/high powered amp. The CJ is a good yardstick on which I base this opinion.