Bel Canto Ref1000 MK2 Or Ref 500m ?

Dear All,
apart from the power (I don't needs 1000 watts into 4 Ohm),
which sounds better between these two?

Regards,
Giuseppe
granosalis
>> Maybe your change was really a better fit with a better cable
>> in your system vs balanced or unbalanced?

Sorry but english isn't my mother language and I do not get the question.
Could you please rephrase?
I think your change in sound may be due to the fact that you changed the cables you were using, not that you went from unbalanced to balanced. Unless you used the same exact cables in balanced and unbalanced versions.
Thanks for the clarification.
As I said, I have used the same cable, just changing from balanced to unbalanced type.
I think that differences between my results and yours can be re-conducted to the different equipments used during the test. The cable length can also be an explanation. My cables are one meter length.

Well, for me it's a good news, because RCA is cheaper and better.
A very uncommon happening for this hobby :-)
Another interesting test we made, was exchanging the digital interconnect between CD2 and DAC3Vb.

1) A cheeper optical cable
2) Bel Canto AES/EBU balanced digital coaxial interconnect
3) Oyaide DB-510 digital interconnect BNC (pure silver)

The optical one was the worst of the tree. The Balanced interconnect was good, but the silver BNC was great!

On this test cables are clearly different, so nothing in common with the previous discussion.
Again, this is just my test, and results may vary depending on the system.
Still waiting for the new high powered Bel Canto amp that has been in the works for the past two years. Not sure what class it will be put in. Its an Ice Amp with the switching module removed replaced by a very innovative high powered D.C. power supply that delivers current just as effectively and as fast as a class D switching device without the need of pulse modulation. Will be the first of its kind. If anyone has updates on this amp please share.