Bel Canto Ref1000 MK2 Or Ref 500m ?

Dear All,
apart from the power (I don't needs 1000 watts into 4 Ohm),
which sounds better between these two?

Regards,
Giuseppe
granosalis
Dears,
today there was the comparison between the Ref1000 MK2 and the Ref500M.
The source was the Bel Canto CD2+DAC3Vb, Modwright LS/PS 36.5 combo and Gemme audio Katana. All Cables was Oyaide Tunami.

Ref1000 was leaved always on, where the Ref500M had only 30 minutes of warm up. Despite of this, the ref 500M was better in every aspects. The 500M sounds sweeter on the voice, more detailed on the bass and far away more extended and refined on the highs.

Another test we made, clearly show how better was the RCA versus the Balanced interconnection. RCA sounds more transparent and with an improved controlled bass.

I will certainly go for the 500M!
Granosalis,

I read with interest your comments about how RCAS were better than the balanced cables. I had the complete opposite experience. I just changed to balanced cables and they were far superior in terms of bass and bass extension. In addition, the fullness of my sound was improved and i got an increase in db's also. It just goes to show you that these changes are system sensitive. I am using the Bel Canto Ref500 Monos with the Capri Pre amp and Ayon Cd player and have Tyler Acoustic speakers.
Pettyfeversk, I'm reading with interest your comments too.
I have also noticed the increase in DB, that for sure is due to the different voltage output. But on my system, the difference in transparency and bass control was immediate. During the test I have exchanged both CD to pre e pre to power amp at the same time. Both was the Tunami Oyaide Terzo XX that I have exchanged with a pair of Terzo RR (unbalanced version)
Do you made the test with the same cable brand/type?
Granosalis,

Maybe your change was really a better fit with a better cable in your system vs balanced or unbalanced?