Behringer DEQ2496 - worth using in hi-end system?

I am considering trying it in a digital chain. I want to correct for room and any system internal dependencies. I am tired of using cables as tone controls, there has to be something better to make those minimal changes.

I am looking for opinions and short system desriptions.
spraglow
I'll be ordering it soon. But I just don't see any reason to use it as DAC, it worths its price just for its digital abilities.

I've been using mine as a DAC for a couple weeks now. I admit it took over for my Harmon Kardon DVD25, which "supposedly" had decent converters for a relatively inexpensive DVD player. The difference is huge, especially in the high frequencies. The Behringer will be staying right where it is. For the time it takes you may want to give it a try.
Dmitrydr...Actually, it is worth the price just for the RTA, even if you do not put it in your signal path. I originally bought it for that purpose, but learned through experience how good it sounds, and how much improvement to the overall system is realized by room correction.
Controlling your Beheringer DEQ2496 from listening position to optimize the sound of your home Stereo System
By I.G and A.R - Rev.0 June 14, 2006
issi.geier@yahoo.com
See complete article and picturs:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81500
Many audiophiles around the world are integrating the Beheringer DEQ2496 with there home sound system for optimizing the sound by room correction, system sound correction, sound imaging and "on the fly" improvements for far from perfect recordings.
Optimizing the DEQ2496 for room correction, system correction and sound staging should be done from listening position for best results.
Our ear and brain is very good with identifying a relative change in sound and imaging. Moving from our listening position in order to tweak and make a change with the DEQ setting interrupts with our ability for identifying relative sound change and resulting with frustration with our sound optimization process.
We want to keep the DEQ physical location close together with our CD / DVD players and our amplifiers. This enables us to have it connected using short high quality interconnect cables for best sound.

The solution is to have a remote control to our DEQ2496!!!

Two methods of remote control are presented; both were tested and used by us:
1. Separating the DEQ front panel and extending it with a long flat cable (5Meter) - It has a Low WAF (wife acceptance factor) -
2. DIY remote control using 12 Channels IR control Infra Red remote circuit, DC motors, solenoid actuator and Tape Recorder rubber belts - High WAF .
see:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81500