Balanced Power

I have read that if one lives in a house he can make the incoming AC power balanced. They recomended to hire an electrician unless "you know what you are doing".
I am handy, I have installed a dedicated low capacitance line from the main fuse panel to my system, which made a big difference. Any experienced input to guide me to install a Balanced AC power?
Thank you.
tphalieros
Thank you all for your answers. My request was for a Do-it-yourself type of project, without involving expensive transformers. (I am positive that I have read this approach in a past issue of Stereophile if memory serves me right.)
The changing of the electrical panel sounds more like a project that I would be inclined to install first.
Ted
To try to clear up the confusion here:
Normal house service is wired 240v balanced, meaning two 120v legs in opposite phase plus a neutral wire. The two 120v legs alternate in the panel from one breaker slot to the next in a vertical direction, on both sides of the panel. Any double circuit breaker (just like your clothes dryer uses) will give you 240v balanced. On the other hand, all 120v is taken from one or the other 120v legs plus the neutral wire. Half of your house is wired from one 120v leg, and half from the other, in a random fashion determined by the guy who wired up the panel. There is no way on heaven or earth to get balanced 120v (meaning +/- 60v with neutral) out of this setup by simple wiring changes. You must use a transformer. I hope this helps.
Karls,
This does help. I believe you are right and your explanation is plenty clear, thanks.
Ted