B&W, Dynaudio, Dali or what else?

I currently own a pair of Dali Helicon 800's but want to upgrade to the next level. In other words I am looking at Dali MS 5's, Dynaudio C2/C4 or B&W 802D's. Any opinion on either speaker would be welcome as well as recommendations for other well designed speakers. Amplification is ARC LS25/or SF Line2 SE and VT100MkII. Please no one liners with statements such as, buy the XY model from company ABC they are just the best. I'd like a little bit more detail for the money I am about to spend.

Regards

Mike
mkuhnle
There's a new kid on the block, he's a little scrawny looking (small) but he's packing a serious punch and knocking out every other speaker that tries to give him a run with the flattest frequency response I've ever seen anywhere.
It's BRSE, www.BlueRidgeSoundEng.com I accidentally ran into their website and was impressed by the site and the amount of information available. These guys really seemed to know their stuff, and had graphs up to prove their performance. Long story short, I took the plunge and I am now spoiled forever! They are the first speakers I have ever heard that can't be said to have a "sonic character". You know, with most speakers you might say something like: "smooth midrange but weak bass and slightly elevated highs", or the similar. Not so with these! They just reproduce whatever they are fed, without adding, or taking away anything. The imaging is incredible and the speakers allow more of the ambience of the recording venue to come through, thus providing a better sense of "you are there" than any other speaker I've ever heard. Plus, they're very dynamic and have great bass, which I didn't expect from such a small speaker.
That almost sounds like a sales pitch! It is in a way, I want all of you out there to stop spending $10,000+ on speakers that stink, and join me in enjoying what is the best sound I've ever heard anywhere for just $2G's! Now I know alot of you would stare down at your nose at a speaker that cost only $2,000 (I almost did too, my last pair of speakers before these cost me $28,000) but believe me, you'd be making a huge mistake! These are the real deal!
Ken
Spending this kind of money I would suggest you listen first to each to form your own impression.

I prefer the Dali's over the B&W 802D only because I dislike the 802 so much. But, I would easily rank the Dynaudio's over both. I am somewhat biased as I am a Dyn dealer here in Oklahoma, though. The Confidence series is one of my all time favorites.

The B&W 802 is one of those speakers you either like or dislike. Those who don't like them REALLY dislike them. I am one those who really dislikes them. However, I really like the other two models above the 802. The 800 is also one of my all time favorites.
I can't offer up comparisons, but I can report being a very satisfied Dynaudio C2 owner. My room is 14x19x8 and I like listening to rock, jazz and blues predominantly, with all genres except country in the mix. If large speakers were easier to move around and ship, I'd love to try the C4's to see if they're an improvement or overwhelm a room my size, but that's probably just the nervosa coming through. The C2's driven by SimAudio W-10's are just plain fun.